NOTICE FROM THE TOWN OF FOREST CITY
The Electric Department is beginning a major project to upgrade the power grid in the downtown area. To minimize disruptions to businesses and residents, the work will be done on Sundays beginning February 20 through April 10. This projected timeline may
be extended due to inclement weather.
Each Sunday, many buildings located in the downtown area will experience a 20-to-30-minute power disruption between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM.
Following this disruption, power will be restored to all buildings, except for buildings located in that Sunday’s work zone. Buildings in the work zone should prepare for a lengthier outage that could last most of the day.
Dates for each work zone are provided below for your planning and preparation. If any changes to these dates occur, we will notify you of those changes as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work towards the completion of this necessary upgrade.
• February 20 – Section 1: Forest City Bumper, Family Preservation Services of North Carolina, William Hunt DDS, Fender’s Auto Exchange
• February 27 – Section 2: Graham Cash, Carolina Arcade Museum, Smith’s Drugs, Foothills Family Hardware, Main Street Insurance Group, Harrill & Harrill Design Co., Dovetails & Rusty Nails, Butler’s Jewelry & Loan, City Executive Building, Midland Champion Agency, Hands of Hope Pregnancy Center, The Getaway Spa & Salon, Foothills Animal Clinic, Impact Fitness
• March 6 – Section 3: Pampered Pets, Cpl Chris S. Ebert Marine Corps League Detachment #1221, Greene Memorial Company, Dreamweavers Dance Studio
• March 13 – Section 4: Mistretta Engraving & Signs, United Bank
• March 20 – Section 5: Pie Safe Baking Company, The Crooked Nook, Plaza Barber Shop, Farmers Hardware, Main Street Realty, Luxury Nail Salon & Spa, Main Street Family Medicine, Girls of Grace Boutique, Hair Castle, Rutherford Life Services, Callahan Swap & Shop, Gifts & Talents, Ray Rice Karate Studio, Rutherford County Democratic Headquarters, Powersport Supply, Raymond James
• March 27 – Section 6: El Michoacán, RIP Cell Phone Repair, Griffin Property Group, Straight Edge Cut & Shave Shop, Rentals Unlimited, Hair Unlimited, OneMain Financial, Universal Finance, Paramount Staffing, Anchor Down Consignment, Rutherford Weekly, Total Wireless, AMP Nutrition, Roots Salon & Spa
• April 3 – Section 7: Clean Slate Detailing, Extra Mile Auto Repair, Forest City Paint & Supply
• April 10 – Section 8: Molina Motors