Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 10:00AM
* WHAT…Freezing rain. Additional ice accumulations of a light glaze.
* WHERE…Portions of the North Carolina Foothills.
* WHEN…Through 10 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS…Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures are expected to warm quickly during the middle part of the morning thus limiting the potential for ice accumulations.
* AFFECTED AREAS: ALEXANDER … CLEVELAND … CALDWELL MOUNTAINS … GREATER CALDWELL … BURKE MOUNTAINS … GREATER BURKE … MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS … EASTERN MCDOWELL … RUTHERFORD MOUNTAINS … GREATER RUTHERFORD
A Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving. Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National Weather Service toll free at…1…800…2 6 7…8 1 0 1. Leave a message with your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You can also post your report to National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg Facebook or tweet your report using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp. The latest state road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.